Key West Officiant Service Only
- Time: From 8 am to two hours till sunset.
- Presentation of the bride to groom.
- Offciant's opening remarks
- Prayer's, readings and/or song by family or friends
- Charge to couple: ("Do you, James, take Asley to be your lawfully wedded...?")
- Ring exchange and any other unity gestures such as a sand ceremony, handfasting (gently tieing of the hands with a symbolic cloth), candles (only indoors, shell (tossing shells into the sea), dove release, butterfly release.
- The officiant's closing remarks and final blessing
- Pronouncement ( the "I now pronounce you ..."Part)
- Conch shell blessing (conch shell horn blow) during the kiss (finally!)
- Presentation of the couple to guests by the officiant.
There are many ways to organize your ceremony. This structure works well for outside beach and garden weddings, where the reception will likely be in another location or a less formal structure is desired. Do what is most comfortable and meaningful for your tastes. Timing is important. Be sure to begin on time. Your guests, who are sitting in the hot sun, will love you even more.
- *No reversal included